• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Medical Question

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Does anybody know who I need to contact down at OCS to check to see if something needs taken care of prior to OCS? When I had my flight physical the flight surgeon said it wasn't a problem but I would hate to get to OCS and have them send me home over something I was previously told was not a big deal.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I so don't have the expertise to answer this question, but...what's the problem you are wondering about? You don't want to alert OCS medical to anything that might NPQ you if you don't think it's going to be a problem.

stevo01

not to sound rude, but it seems you r getting way to paranoid. Your oso will not let you go with some type of problem. U think he wants you to come home early.? not very likely.
Talk to him bro,!

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, it probably is the paranoia. Its taken care of.

Anyway, it has been called to my attention that they don't even give you a physical down at OCS, just blood work, drug test, and lots of questions........

stevo01

E6286 said:
Yeah, it probably is the paranoia. Its taken care of.

Anyway, it has been called to my attention that they don't even give you a physical down at OCS, just blood work, drug test, and lots of questions........

only physical they give you is if you have been hurt in the past, and the injury may come up again. Ie. Torn ligaments, broken bones..etc.
But, ur oso should know what they look for, and help resolve this prob. before it arrises. Just dont try and cover stuff up, it will hurt you in the long run.