• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Can anyone give an approximate run mileage total for a typical week at OCS? Still battling shin splints despite shoes, stretching and an abundance of stolen 7-11 cups used to make ice blocks. I finally broke down and got a referral to a Sports Therapist- he wants me to get an estimate as to total mileage per week in order to develop some type of program leading up to the report date. Thanks to everyone who gave advice about the initial shin splints post...at this point, I'm willing to try anything in order to avoid having my career stopped before it can begin. Either way, off to pre-OCS weekend tomorrow..should be interesting.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'd say a little further... you run 6 days a week, and it's never less than 3 miles. I would guess 20 miles to be the average.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah about 20 maybe more on the rougher weeks but then again the older I get the harder I was.

KBayDog

Or mounting the rack...then dismounting the rack...then mounting the rack...then dismounting the rack...then mounting the rack...(repeat until the SI is satisfied or your knee blows out...)

motiv8r

that's no bulls**t. we paced out the distance from the house to Bobo hall at about .6 of a mile. That's 3 1.2 mile round trips a day, give or take...it's a little shorter if you're coming from the classroom area. That comes out to a little more than 20 miles/week "walking" to/from chow.

tighten it up now....

Status
Not open for further replies.