• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Preference codes

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
^^ Same here. I left it blank and told my recruiter. I think it's something alpha-numeric but don't quote me.

4ageminor

Oh okay, yeah i asked my recruiter the same time i posted this thread, so hopefully he will just fill it out. Thanks.

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
I think it's different from the designator. I remember it being a two or three digit number I haven't seen since.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
When you submit the kit..it's an extra zero after the designator. I filled out my own and of course my OR looked over it.

For example say first choice is pilot, second is nfo... you put 01/13900 02/13700

I'm looking at an electronic version of my app right now, however, if he is talking about the 'specialty codes' in block 8 , that is for Chaplain and Medical only. Otherwise block 7 is how I listed above.

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
Then I don't know what I'm talking about evidently. Carry on.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
4age...go to this link http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/forms.htm

Scroll down to 'Checklists' section, the 14th item on there called 'OCS Officer Application PRODOC Checklist'...click that and open it in MS Word, at the top of the page are the designator codes.

Hope this helps, good luck.

EDIT: Saw you wanted Nuke... then on Checklists go to the 16th item titled ' NUPOC Officer Application PRODOCS Checklist'. Codes are at the top.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Thanks for that link OUSOONER. Just to throw this out there, for my first choice I have 02/13907. I'm not sure what that 7 means, might be a BDCP thing. Not really sure about the 02 either, but I trust my recruiter knows the codes. Though it would probably be something that you might want to double check for sanity's sake.

I was sworn in last month and I don't even remember seeing on any of the forms what my designator was. Hopefully they didn't sneak me into nukes :p

Esko

preference codes

If you need codes as far as what community you intend to go for, you do not need codes. In the application, I simply wrote on the blank spaces: 1. Pilot 2. NFO 3. Intel.
I asked the application screener at Millington, TN and he told me I could do so. His name is Wade Dych.
I did exactly that, and I was accepted. I leave in about 10 days.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Thanks for that link OUSOONER. Just to throw this out there, for my first choice I have 02/13907. I'm not sure what that 7 means, might be a BDCP thing. Not really sure about the 02 either, but I trust my recruiter knows the codes. Though it would probably be something that you might want to double check for sanity's sake.

I was sworn in last month and I don't even remember seeing on any of the forms what my designator was. Hopefully they didn't sneak me into nukes :p

The 7 indicates you are applying for a BDCP slot (might also indicate NUPOC, I'm not sure). If you have already been sworn in then you have already made that decision (or the Navy did for you) and it should say on your final select letter and enlistment contract. Unless you are obtaining a technical degree, they probably wouldn't select you for Nuke. My recruiter asked me about Nuke... He then remembered that I was an Accounting major, which pretty much DQed me, thankfully.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
The 7 indicates you are applying for a BDCP slot (might also indicate NUPOC, I'm not sure). If you have already been sworn in then you have already made that decision (or the Navy did for you) and it should say on your final select letter and enlistment contract. Unless you are obtaining a technical degree, they probably wouldn't select you for Nuke. My recruiter asked me about Nuke... He then remembered that I was an Accounting major, which pretty much DQed me, thankfully.

Well i'm doing Aerospace Engineering. I was kidding about the Nuke thing, but now you've got me nervous. I just moved so i've gotta go dig up my contract.. I am pretty sure the 139XX code could only mean pilot though.

I haven't received my final select letter in the mail yet. How long did yours take after you heard about the FS from your recruiter ASHWND? I heard about a month ago.