• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Prep Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Who else is going to the OCS prep weekend at Ft. McCoy in Wisconsin? It is happening 4/22-4/24. Hopefully I won't have any problems getting off work that friday.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Lonestar155 said:
What is OCS prep weekend?
its just a weekend to help you prepare for OCS this summer. You do everthing from a PFT to compass course to the O course. They also go over OCS customs/coutesies/etiquette and there is an OSO open forum. OFF TOPIC is that Ben Bostrom in your avatar?

el_bastardo

I went to Ft McCoy for an OCS prep weekend a couple years ago. Good experience for getting just a little taste of what OCS will be like.

Midshipmanjosh

Who all on here is going to the mini ocs in jacksonville, FL? I know at least one from the orlando area was going.

BTW, the northwest florida district is going to rock the other districts in the Super PFT event. :icon_smil Esp the orlando district. :)

Midshipmanjosh

Yo zoom,

Is your OSO putting together a Super PFT competition for ya'll mini OCS? If he is, what is ya'll team's average?

Random thought: This is the gayest smily :p

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Midshipmanjosh said:
Yo zoom,
Is your OSO putting together a Super PFT competition for ya'll mini OCS? If he is, what is ya'll team's average?
Random thought: This is the gayest smily :p
i have no idea if we are going to or what our average is.
no this is the gayest but we dont have it here
supergay.gif

cycl06

I went to the OCS Prep Weekend last year at Ft. Mccoy before I went to Juniors. All you new PLC Juniors in the Midwest District should ask you OSO's about it if they haven't told you about it. For those of you like myself, with no firsthand military experience, no drill, never held a gun or rifle, much less shot one, it would be good to be exposed to that even if it is a small dose. But don't think the weekend will be just like OCS. OCS is much different. For the prep weekend there was 1 instructor for each platoon. At OCS you'll have 3. The only real PT we did was the PFT. The land nav was pretty good though. The land nav at Ft. McCoy is harder than the one at OCS. You'll also be a little ahead of the game in having been scared ****less and yelled at. At OCS when we got picked up I knew what i was in store for. I wasn't in as much shock as I was during the OCS prep weekend. Plus you'll drill a little and learn how to respond to "eyeballs", "lock" etc(if you don't understand, you will). Definitely go but understant that its not what OCS is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.