• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Program Selection Process

BradL17

Does anyone know how the Navy prioritizes your program choices when you apply? For example, I was initially going to apply for SNA as choice 1 and SNFO as choice 2. This was assuming they would try to select me for SNA first and then if not selected, try for SNFO second. However, when I talked to my recruiter, she was not exactly sure how they go about the selection process (she said no one really knows in her recruiting office either). She was saying that maybe if they needed more SNFO's at that time, they would ignore my first choice as SNA and just select me as SNFO. I'm happy with either choice, but I definitely want to give SNA a fair shot as that is my true "number 1" choice. My plan for right now given this information from my recruiter is to apply for SNA for the 02Aug deadline, and then if not accepted apply for SNFO for the 04Oct deadline. Also, I'm pretty sure the Air Force does it where they look at your choices in order. They'll look at your number 1 choice first, if not selected then they go to your number 2 choice and so on. Obviously a different branch but not sure if they Navy is the same way.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Does anyone know how the Navy prioritizes your program choices when you apply? For example, I was initially going to apply for SNA as choice 1 and SNFO as choice 2. This was assuming they would try to select me for SNA first and then if not selected, try for SNFO second. However, when I talked to my recruiter, she was not exactly sure how they go about the selection process (she said no one really knows in her recruiting office either). She was saying that maybe if they needed more SNFO's at that time, they would ignore my first choice as SNA and just select me as SNFO. I'm happy with either choice, but I definitely want to give SNA a fair shot as that is my true "number 1" choice. My plan for right now given this information from my recruiter is to apply for SNA for the 02Aug deadline, and then if not accepted apply for SNFO for the 04Oct deadline. Also, I'm pretty sure the Air Force does it where they look at your choices in order. They'll look at your number 1 choice first, if not selected then they go to your number 2 choice and so on. Obviously a different branch but not sure if they Navy is the same way.

Don’t make this so difficult, if you are not 100% in for SNFO, don’t apply for it. Just apply SNA/1390.

Don’t be “that guy or gal” 1-2 months later who posts about not wanting to ship out because they put SNFO on their sheet and got it.

BradL17

Don’t make this so difficult, if you are not 100% in for SNFO, don’t apply for it. Just apply SNA/1390.

Don’t be “that guy or gal” 1-2 months later who posts about not wanting to ship out because they put SNFO on their sheet and got it.
Understood, thank you. I really would be fine with either, just ever so slightly want to be a SNA more. Was just seeing if they would truly consider me for SNA first if I listed both.

jgeraghty

Understood, thank you. I really would be fine with either, just ever so slightly want to be a SNA more. Was just seeing if they would truly consider me for SNA first if I listed both.
People have been picked up for SNA after submitting for SNA/SNFO before, but I would just apply as SNA first if that's your preference. You can always reapply for SNA/SNFO later unless you're approaching the age limit

BradL17

People have been picked up for SNA after submitting for SNA/SNFO before, but I would just apply as SNA first if that's your preference. You can always reapply for SNA/SNFO later unless you're approaching the age limit
Thank you for the insight. I think if I can make it by the 02Aug deadline I will just apply for SNA since the next board deadline is 04Oct. If not, I will apply for both in Oct. I would be satisfied with either and am eager to start.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

The only way you will 100% know that is you list SNA as your first and only preference.

qjproudler

Thank you for the insight. I think if I can make it by the 02Aug deadline I will just apply for SNA since the next board deadline is 04Oct. If not, I will apply for both in Oct. I would be satisfied with either and am eager to start.
Where did you find the Oct 04 board deadline? My recruiter keeps telling me they haven’t heard the dates for future boards besides Aug. Mynavy HR hasn’t been updated either so I was just curious if this is word on the street stuff or official.

BradL17

Where did you find the Oct 04 board deadline? My recruiter keeps telling me they haven’t heard the dates for future boards besides Aug. Mynavy HR hasn’t been updated either so I was just curious if this is word on the street stuff or official.
I got this info straight from my recruiter. She had it on a piece of paper similar to the FY24 board schedule but obviously for FY25. I didn’t really get a chance to look at it myself but she seemed pretty confident about there being a board deadline of 04Oct. Assuming the board would convene early Nov.