• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS -- Shipping Out of NY

zuggerat

Im not shipping out for a while (OCC 193), but im being sent as a courtesy shipper from OSO Syracuse (where i go to school). Im either being sent down from OSO Manhattan or Recruiting Station Garden City (where i live). Does anyone with past experience know if they are gonna bus us down or fly us down? It really doesnt matter at all to me, im just curious. holla back:sleep_125

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Out of curiosity, what exactly is a "courtesy ship" and how does it work? My OSO is 1500 miles away so this might be an option for me when I go back in October.

-Texan

phattygixxer

Well, I'm doing OCC 192 and I know that I'm driving down. OCC is the only one that are allowed to drive, as far as I know. The other candidates from Philly, where I go to school, are being bused down. Just ask your OSO.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Courtesy ship: If you attend a school near an OSO that is not near your home, you can "courtesy ship" from the OSO near your school. It saves you from driving home for every OSO pool function and whatnot. i.e. I live in East Lansing, people from the east side of the state can ship from here rather than drive over to Ann Arbor for every event and mix with those horrible wolverine candidates.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Bus or Fly to OCS, you mean? We were flown to PLC-Combined. As OCC you have the option of bringing a car and most folks recommend it.

UMichfly

pilot
None
DocT said:
I live in East Lansing, people from the east side of the state can ship from here rather than drive over to Ann Arbor for every event and mix with those horrible wolverine candidates.

Excuse me Doc but I think you meant to say "mix with the amazing, locked on, highly motivated wolverine candidates" ;). I forgive you for your error though because I understand that the farm school isn't quite up to par with UM.:D

/End thread jack

Spin

SNA in Meridian
zuggerat said:
Im not shipping out for a while (OCC 193), but im being sent as a courtesy shipper from OSO Syracuse (where i go to school).

I graduated from SU in 98 .... they still doing the parties in the Shine and the Underground??? I was the resident DJ so I was DJin all those parties back in the Day .............. Dayum I miss SU !!!!!!

Peace,

-Spin

zuggerat

Spin said:
I graduated from SU in 98 .... they still doing the parties in the Shine and the Underground??? I was the resident DJ so I was DJin all those parties back in the Day .............. Dayum I miss SU !!!!!!

Peace,

-Spin

sorry spin i dont go to cuse i go to binghamton (poor mans cornell)

Spin

SNA in Meridian
HAHAHA .... well .. used to DJ down there too ... for Carnival and all the Carribean Student Association parties ... they still doin Carnival??

zuggerat

Spin said:
HAHAHA .... well .. used to DJ down there too ... for Carnival and all the Carribean Student Association parties ... they still doin Carnival??

yep they still do it... its pretty big still... i graduate tomorrow... NOTHING LEFT BUT HARDCORE TRAINING AND MEETING MY GYSGT!!!! WOOHOOO