• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrelka

Do they issue you running/athletic shoes at OCS or should I buy a new pair to break in before I get there?
-Andy

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
How about a watch?

Are SNA's allowed to wear a watch at OCS? Are aviators ever issued a watch? If so, what kind? I ask because I remember reading someone's journal who either bought or received a watch as part of his flight gear.

thanks, -Greg

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually,
Watches are issue for all officers but most don't know that and never recieve it. I've never recieved one but only because I didn't want the piece of crap. One of the best watches I've ever found for the field and for flying is the black "G-Shock." Cheap and can take serious abuse. I can't speak for OCS now but when I went (Reagan years) watches were authorized for Officer Candidates. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
At OCS they still do not let you wear a watch, with the two exceptions of weekend liberty and when you become a candi-o.
As for getting one issued I wasn't issued one at API. Although it does have a spot for a watch on the issue sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.