• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Study Guide

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
I put together a study guide for the candidates at my school, and figured i'd put it up here for anyone who wants.

it's kind of the slimmed down version of my Knowledge from juniors. it's not more than you need to know, and you'll be taught all of it there, but not having to learn this stuff there could save you some time. i advised the candidates at my school to at least look the stuff over so it's slightly familiar to them when they see it again.

i've done a couple revisions, but if you notice any screw ups please let me know. i'd hate to be responsible for someone memorizing incorrect rank or something.

anyway, hope this is useful to a few of you.

alright, i suck at computers and it's taken me about half an hour to figure out how to post this, but i think i got it. it's a pdf file, about 30 pages if you want to print it.

Attachments

• studyguideOCS.pdf
    660.7 KB · Views: 246

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
while i'm at it, i found a powerpoint presentation i made for a class last semester on the basics of fireteam formations

so, if anybody wants more crap to study, have at it

basic fireteam formations, hand signals, etc. again, if anybody notices any screw ups, let me know so we don't have kids mouthing off the wrong stuff

Attachments

• FIRETEAM FORMATIONS.ppt
    297 KB · Views: 110

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Cool, well done.

Here's an addition to the PDF:

Firing
Unlocking
Extracting
Ejecting
Feeding
Chambering
Cocking
Locking

Did anyone keep their binder? (I left mine with my platoon when I got NPQ'd). I must admit the main UCMJ orders escape my memory.

I went under Col. Rachal, so any 191'ers feel free to weigh in.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Good effort and good on you for helping other get ready...my only thought is that OCS is not rocket science and there is more than enough time at OCS to learn it...more importantly the learning process there adds stress to the candidate and thereby tests their ability to cope under the pressure...I am not sure that it actually helps the candidate to learn EVERYTHING ahead of time...

Just the opinion of one who was there, got past it and saw the effects of officers hitting the fleet without proper coping skills / experience...

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
jamnww said:
Good effort and good on you for helping other get ready...my only thought is that OCS is not rocket science and there is more than enough time at OCS to learn it...more importantly the learning process there adds stress to the candidate and thereby tests their ability to cope under the pressure...I am not sure that it actually helps the candidate to learn EVERYTHING ahead of time...

Just the opinion of one who was there, got past it and saw the effects of officers hitting the fleet without proper coping skills / experience...

good point.
you're right, i oughta put a disclaimer on there.

and yeah, i kept my binder, figured it might come in handy. working that cycle in to the rifle part of the study guide is a good idea, i'll get on that, thanks

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Hey thanks for all the great Gouge. The more I can get down now, the best off I'll be.

TheFurr7198

any gouge is helpful but as capt. chontosh told us dont worry about spending time studying instead be working your ass off physically. Go there a stud because you dont want to be playing catch up.