• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS tuition subsidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

I got a handout from my OSO that said each 6 week increment pays about $2100. Also it says canidats may receive up to $5200/ year for qualified canidates. What does it mean to be qualified? Isnt everyone eligible for this? Also, is this something that you have to repay, it says something about not accumulate longevity for pay?

Answers Anyone?

msuplaya8

well i think you get 400$ a month or so if you are in the program. by that i mean you get the money while you are in school in between sessions and til you graduate.

A few things to note:
I was told i had to be a full time student to qualify for this 400$ for my last semester here in the fall. (shouldn't matter cause most health care programs that your parents have require you to be a full-time student (12 credits/semester) to qualify to be covered)
also if you quit the program you have to pay those 400$ payments ALL BACK!

i think this is what it means, that's what i've been told by my OSO.

Dustball

2nd LT
Once you graduate at least one increment PLC or the combined course you qualify for FAP (Financial Assisitance Program) Its about $300 a month during school semesters and yes if you quit or don't accept your commission you have to pay it back. Other than that there is no draw back to taking it. MCTAP (Marine Corps Tuition Assistance Program) gives you money for tuition after you complete at least one increment of PLC. If you quit or don't make it through you have to pay it back as well but MCTAP also postpones your pay entry base date until your commissioned. This can hurt you in the long run because if your doing PLC juniors and seniors when you graduate and are commissioned you will be paid as an O-1 under 2 years instead of an O-1 over 3. The money difference over the span of your carreer is much more than the couple thousand they give you for college.

JJEXP

India Company, Booger Platoon
And supposedly if you get droped after taking the money, they send you to paris island. At least, thats what I heard.

Dustball

2nd LT
They don't send you to Paris Island. They just offer enlistment and if you choose to go ahead and enlist they will wave your debt to the government if not your just obligated to pay the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.