• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS video

Crowbar

None
On the DOR video, did that clown actually say "The Marine Corps is the only branch that doesn't guarantee law contracts to practice law"? He was whispering, maybe I just heard it wrong.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Interesting to note that of all the people they follow in that story / videos only two are still in the Marine Corps...

Baalzebub

NO, Crowbar, I think you heard right. I was wondering about that myself. Don't they gaurantee Law and Aviation?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I don't feel so bad anymore.......which two? curiosity being the reason.

Not to give out names, but one is in flight training right now and the other is a lawyer. There were a couple of DUIs in those who where interviewed...

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
NO, Crowbar, I think you heard right. I was wondering about that myself. Don't they gaurantee Law and Aviation?

This is speculation on my part, but I think they guarantee the 4402 MOS (or at least the MOS school), but not necessarily that you will have a billet within the MOS. Since there are so few 4402 billets, a lawyer might get assigned to some other non-MOS-specific billet if there are more lawyers than billets. The other thing he might have been talking about is that for PLC-law, if you don't pass the bar exam right after graduating from law school you get sent to TBS as an unrestricted ground contract.

Still, from the context of the video, I kind of doubt that was what the candidate was really thinking about he was asking to DOR in week 4 of OCS. Some BS about not getting guaranteed to practice law sounds a lot better (at least in that candidate's mind) than explaining to a Sergeant Instructor that OCS is more difficult than you expected it to be and you don't like getting yelled at. I remember one law contract in my squad at OCS turning to me during a field day in the first couple of weeks and saying "they make us do a lot of work just to be lawyers, don't they?" That guy was gone pretty quickly.

motiv8r

wait a minute...of ALL the guys that they interviewed only *2* are still Marines? How many DUIs were there? They interviewed like 6 guys who graduated.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
wait a minute...of ALL the guys that they interviewed only *2* are still Marines? How many DUIs were there? They interviewed like 6 guys who graduated.

well lets see, a couple...and I think another one was dropped at TBS but not sure on that one...

At least 2 of the 4 remaining are now out of the Marine Corps because of DUIs...

OVERCOME

Long live the UFC!
Not to give out names, but one is in flight training right now and the other is a lawyer. There were a couple of DUIs in those who where interviewed...
Wow..... to go through all of that and then blow your chance by doing something stupid.

Coota0

None
On the DOR video, did that clown actually say "The Marine Corps is the only branch that doesn't guarantee law contracts to practice law"? He was whispering, maybe I just heard it wrong.

I thought he might be referring to the fact that he had to attend OCS to be a Marine Lawyer, where as if he had gone Navy, AIr Force or Army they would have sent him to a short course on military courtesies and then sent him to practice law.