• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS

Katesjd

Whats the process commissioning straight after college. What do I study for the test and practice test. They said its way easier as officer but my college GPA was 2.72 can anybody help with that

qjproudler

There is an abundance of information answering all of your questions in this site if you look for it.

1. To commission after college you must apply for and be accepted to OCS. After finishing OCS you will be commissioned in the designator you applied for.

2. The test you take is either the OAR for most designations or the full ASTB for aviation. The OAR contains math, reading, and physics questions that are not dissimilar from the SAT. The ASTB encompass the OAR but also adds other elements specific to aviation as well as a performance based measures test. All this information can be found on this site.

3. I would not say that getting in as an officer is easier. There are much fewer spots available and higher standards to qualify. The designator that you apply for will determine what prerequisite GPA and test scores you need as well as other requirements. Some designators weigh test scores more, while others may weigh GPA more. Look up the program authorizations on Navy HR to find out what you can qualify for. At the end of the day though, higher scores and GPA make you more competitive, but everything is depending on the needs of the navy.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Nobody can help your gpa, as that seems to be one of the three questions you seem to be stating (rather than asking). But you can kick butt on the test, apply and hope for the best, or you can get a masters in the easiest program you think you can pull near a 4.0 in and maybe bring it up to a 3.0. Those would be the best lines of action I can think of at this point.

Understand that if picked up for a spot, proper spelling and grammar are pretty important; you’ll be correcting rough drafts as a junior officer that look about like what you typed up above. If you passed it up the chain looking like that it’d be a bad look.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Whats the process commissioning straight after college. What do I study for the test and practice test. They said its way easier as officer but my college GPA was 2.72 can anybody help with that

Step 1: Contact a local officer recruiter.
Step 2: Tons of "test" (ASTB) study material

For future reference, please do the homework and search around the forums, especially for an "easy" answer.