• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy10

Correct me if I am wrong, but October 1st is the beginning of a new fiscal year. Since recruiters have to meet some sort of quota, it seems as though they have been stalling for the past few months to get candidates to count towards the new fiscal year. Once October 1st rolls around won't there be a sudden flood of applicants?

ghost_ttu

That is what my fear is. That is why I have been pushing so damn hard to get my application in this week. The thing is, they get credit for you on FY 03 if you swear in after 01 Oct. That is what I've heard anyway.

cuculeis

ghost, if you can send it yourself. the money you will spend for overnight delivery is well worth it. i did...i even tracked it the very next day to make sure they received it. and for whatever reason i got a 4 day turnaround. they got it on a friday, and i found out i was picked up for NFO on monday...so

ghost_ttu

Well my recruiter has ALL that information. This guy so far has pushed things really well, so I just have to hope that what is going to happen happens and that I'm happy with the results.

hobe

So that's why I'm swearing in on Oct. 1st, what benefit is it for the recruiter to have somebody for '03 vs. '02?

ghost_ttu

your recruiter has most likely already met his/her 02 quota, this way you begin the 03 quota. You should come up with a story that your family is only in town for this Sat. and force the swearing in this Sat. to be 02 [:p] there is no way the recruiter would let it happen though, I'd be curious what excuse you would get though.

Goose

SNA Meridian
I didn't even know I was going to have to swear in. i know I had to go and fill out some paperwork but beyone that I had no idea. half way through one of the recruiters annonced that everyone had to go to the quarterdeck for an enlistment. I had no idea it was for me!! Next thing I know I have my hand up and I am repeating something about orders...and officers appointed above me...its all very vague!![}:)]

Drive Fast Take Chances

Goose

dewahl

All this talk of quotas. I know there are recruitment goals. But have you noticed they are not knocking down doors like enlisted recruiters. I would find it hard to believe they have a hard time meeting goal. I do know that they open quotas in late may/jun for Oct 1 classes(or the first OCS class in that month) for most communities. Pilot/NFO being the oddball I guess. I will ask around to some of the folks in my office that came from recruiting if all this makes a diff or is just smoke blowing.

hobe

I feel so used
icon_smile_wink.gif

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
My recruiter just asked me if I could wait 'til October 1st. He gave me the bottom line and asked if I could help him out. He jumped through hoops to get me in, so I said why not.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

dewahl

Yeah, I just asked around and Officer recruiters go on a yearly quota cycle, unlike enlisted who go on a monthly. But like I said about them having not to knock down your door to get you in. My buddies said that the officer guys pretty much know that you WILL wait if they ask you. So they not worrying about losing you. So you are doin them a big favor, beings that what most likely got you accepted were your merits, not his so called "string pullin". Good Luck with all of it though. Look on the bright side, you have that much longer to physically prepare. Although, the mental anguish of having to wait will mess with you that much longer.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I considered his recommendation a "string pull." It was pretty impressive!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.