• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS pay and benefits

cagarci

Has anyone been to ODS recently and can share about the pay and benefits process. I will be going in as an Ensign, I have dependents. Will I get full time AD pay for 5 weeks and BAH? Is there any other type of pay we are entitled to while at ODS?

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Has anyone been to ODS recently and can share about the pay and benefits process. I will be going in as an Ensign, I have dependents. Will I get full time AD pay for 5 weeks and BAH? Is there any other type of pay we are entitled to while at ODS?
A few members of our team just went thru ODS. Pinging them now for a ground truth. I will say this based on experience; DWE pays well and very fast, MOBEX/AT only pays on the last day of the orders, and any DTS voucher post orders is a coin toss (30/60/90 days and counting). It’s my understanding that AD orders pay in sync w AD cycle unless the orders supercede the cycle. Stay tuned.

Tamitty2661

Reserve EDO (1465)
You will get paid on the AD schedule so 1st and 15th of the month. Youll get basic pay, BAH, BAS, and while youre there youll complete the FSA form with admin to get FSA. Everything is broken down by the day, so youll get a full month worth plus the 4 or 5 days since the orders are 34/35 days. Make sure youre RED/DA is up to date so you dont have any delays. Per Diem comes after your DTS voucher is completed and approved

cagarci

You will get paid on the AD schedule so 1st and 15th of the month. Youll get basic pay, BAH, BAS, and while youre there youll complete the FSA form with admin to get FSA. Everything is broken down by the day, so youll get a full month worth plus the 4 or 5 days since the orders are 34/35 days. Make sure youre RED/DA is up to date so you dont have any delays. Per Diem comes after your DTS voucher is completed and approved
Great information. Thank you 🙏 I will keep this in mind so all my paperwork is up to date.

number9

Contributor
Great information. Thank you 🙏 I will keep this in mind so all my paperwork is up to date.
The FSA that is mentioned is Family Separation Allowance; it's a one-off payment of around $400 or so.

I don't really know how to phrase this so I'll just say it: there were people in my ODS class who didn't paid until weeks 3 or even 4 of ODS Sometimes, paperwork gets jacked up and people don't get paid. They ended up getting help from the Navy & Marine Corps Relief Society, I think.

cagarci

The FSA that is mentioned is Family Separation Allowance; it's a one-off payment of around $400 or so.

I don't really know how to phrase this so I'll just say it: there were people in my ODS class who didn't paid until weeks 3 or even 4 of ODS Sometimes, paperwork gets jacked up and people don't get paid. They ended up getting help from the Navy & Marine Corps Relief Society, I think.
Oh good to know! I’ll keep that in mind, I am starting to financially prep for this since I will be out of my civilian job for the 5 weeks.