• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Application Question 1420/1

Tomodachi

pilot
Hey all,

While filling out the 1420/1b (Updated one, the Rev. 01-2008) it looks something like this:

29. Civil/Military Offense(s): (List all incidents except minor offenses that impose a fine of $300.00 or less, exclusive of court charges): Have you ever been cited, arrested, convicted, or fined for any violation of any law or ordinance? [ ]Yes [ ]No If yes, give complete description of incident(s). State where and when each incident occured, the nature of the offense(s), and the date and disposition of case(s). (Include NJPs and Courts Martial). NOTE: FAILURE TO REPORT ANY SUCH INCIDENT MAY BE GROUNDS FOR WITHDRAWAL OF AN OFFICER OF ACCEPTANCE INTO A COMMISSIONING PROGRAM.

Then theres a few blocks to put the offenses and information.

I have read the 1420.1B instruction and it only states to fill block 29 out as directed and gives the warning about not including information.

Now I am confused about this block. I have a speeding ticket/failure to stop/careless operation and have no problems with putting the information down, but I also want to pay attention to detail in my application. It states in the parenthesis to list everything EXCEPT minor offenses that impose a fine of $300 or less. All of my citations were less than that. Right after that sentence it asks if you have EVER been cited, why Yes I have. Then it says if YES then you must include all of the info.

This block seems to be conflicting itself with two different ways it wants you to complete it.

Anyone have some insight into what is the right thing to put down on the application? Should I listen to the parenthesis, answer "YES" block but not list the offenses? Or answer "YES" and include all of the info, but this contradicts the "Only list offenses $300 or less."

My head is spinning.