• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Service Record

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
I didn't go to the boat school and I'm not prior enlisted, so that generally means I do not understand some things. As far as my service record (orders, awards, page 2 etc) who keeps that record? Does the PSD hold it, or am I required to keep all those forms on record? I have a majority, but I am just wondering what I should trust the PSD to keep. Thanks for the help

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Go to Bupers Online and order a copy of your records on CD. Then you can see exactly what is on file for you and fill in any gaps that may present themselves. Plus, then you have a back-up copy just in case.

phrogpilot73

My only advice is to keep every scrap of paper in addition to getting the CD. That way, if the scanned copy on the CD sucks, or if it's missing stuff (meaning what they have for promotion boards and what have you), you can send them a new copy that's readable.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
This is what is referred to as the "I love me" binder. I keep everything in it...fitreps, grad certificates, Sere certificate, shit I don't want to repeat. The most important purpose of this is when you come up for board for O-4 or DH. You have to have a complete record, no gaps in the fitreps...otherwise it turns into a big clusterfuck in Millington and the LT's screening your record have to make phone-calls so you can do a bunch of work getting that together at the last minute. NPC has a lot of shit on their plate so making their job easy will make yours easy, in the long run.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No need to order a CD anymore. All of your record is now avail for viewing on Bupers Online. I think you can download most of it for archiving. But it won't hurt to order a CD too.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No need to order a CD anymore. All of your record is now avail for viewing on Bupers Online. I think you can download most of it for archiving. But it won't hurt to order a CD too.

It's been a year or so, but I had mixed results with that. The CD knew I was missing records, the website didn't. Thankfully I checked w/ PERS right before a board and confirmed I needed to fax crap in ASAP.

I just ordered my CD (twice, as it turns out) and it was full up, so personally, I'd stick w/ it.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator

I just discovered this last week. I was motivated and decided to organize all 4 of my NOB FITREPS...the site helped me make sure that the my entire career was accounted for. It will show your start and finish dates for your FITREP, so it's pretty easy to see a missing time gap.

Sing Dixie....I hear ya on not knowing what to keep!