• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oh my, I've missed y'all - From Guantanamo!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Que Pasa Mi Amigos!

Yeah, that's about the extent of my espagnolia. So, I know it's been a while and I'm glad to be back. HTs and the 1600 hrs that it afforded me in the little over 2 year tour has taken a back seat to my IA now.

I've been prodded twice in the last week by AW members to get my a$$ back on here...so I'm here. I'm currently a Watch Officer aboard Guantanamo Bay. I see it all. I can't talk about much of it, but I will tell you that like most news stories, they don't really give you a good, accurate picture about this place... Period. My watch rotation is 12 hrs, 2 days on 2 days off...switching to nights next month...oh and scuba diving in January doesn't suck. :)

So, to stick with the forum, I'll keep y'all updated on the closing of this place...as that's one of the 10000 things that the new administration needs to do in their first week of office.

Anyone going to the Inauguration? I hear it's going to be a zoo...I'm from up there and can't imagine living within 20 miles of DC...I tried to talk my parents into renting out their house for the weekend for a few thousand bux. Alas, they don't have the enterprising spirit as much as i do.

Either way, Happy New Year's my AW brothers. We'll Chat soon.

~Cicco

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Anyone going to the Inauguration? I hear it's going to be a zoo...I'm from up there and can't imagine living within 20 miles of DC...I tried to talk my parents into renting out their house for the weekend for a few thousand bux. Alas, they don't have the enterprising spirit as much as i do.

I get to march in the damn parade; oh joy. But welcome back. What are the going rates on cigars down there?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I get to march in the damn parade; oh joy.

No good deed goes unpunished...you are a stellar example of military bearing and see how you're rewarded?!

But welcome back. What are the going rates on cigars down there?

Thanks...I'm proud to know that just like my naval career...it was here when I came in, it'll be here when I leave.

As for cigars...I'm stuck on base. SO the stogies are actually good priced, but still only dominican, hondorian, jamacian, etc. No Cubanos availible.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Damn, they don't let you guys live out in town in the worker's paradise?! :)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised that no black market has developed.

Doesn't matter if it had...there are eyes everywhere here...not worth losing a career over. I bet with that black market, there's probably other "contraband" items or illegal items like drugs...

Now, if you pull in for a port visit...you can bring me some!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'd much rather Castro kick the bucket and we open our doors to Cuba so it can become an American playground again. One can only dream. . .

As long as the rules that keep $$ out of the good people of Cuba's hands goes with him...otherwise we'd just be supporting a communist regime that continually stifles creativity and individual freedoms...but that's another discussion.

Looks like I'll have a job for a little longer:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/story/848593.html

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, I was in Key West this weekend. Did you see me waiving at you from South Point? JK.

Good to see you back on the forum and don't have too much fun down south.

-ea6bflyr ;)