• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Blue Angels

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was browsing around, and found an old Van Halen video "Dreams" off the 5150 album. I remember it from high school (yes, I am aging). Anyway, I don't know if a link has ever been posted on here before, but you can download the video here. Pretty cool footage of the Blues flying the Scooter.

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=129

enjoy

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Yea..i saw this a while back. For some reason it makes me giggle. I mean serioiusly, how often do ya see an elite demonstration team in a music video, let alone a Van Halen music video?

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I had never seen that before, but that is freaking awesome. Better than that video of Cher on the battleship for sure. . .
Seriously though, it makes me think of when I was a little kid. Not to get too sentimental, but I started thinking about how age makes you lose so much of your enthusiasm and amazement at the world. Ahh, the age of innocence. . . Thanks for the reminder of how lucky I am to be down here in the first place! Little me would be awefully proud.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
blech, 5150.
/owns 5150, along with all pre-"Van Hagar" albums.

But that's just personal preference. Yeah, he's a jerk, yeah he's out of his mind, yeah he's annoying as hell, but give me Diamond Dave and the Van Halen album-1984 album VH any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hagar, while annoying, played a better guitar and makes good tequila. While DLR-era VH was better as a whole, you can't deny that Women and Children First, Fair Warning, and Diver Down were largely crap. Save for a few random songs from other albums, I'd prefer to think that they did I, II, and 1984 and broke up. :)

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Eddie has been quoted as saying Unchained was his favorite riff he ever wrote...or at least that's what he said at one time. Who knows, now. Agree with you Squeeze that WACF was pretty weak, as was Diver Down...an album that was half covers...not a good idea, particularly when one of the hit songs off your first album was a cover, too. I like Fair Warning okay, but I, II, and 1984 are the cream of the crop.

Once Hagar joined, Van Halen just really became whiny, pseudo-romantic trash rock. To paraphrase Spinal Tap, "they are/were treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."