• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Guys Rule and have the best acros

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I haven't heard the term "RCH" in about fourteen and a half years!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Yeah .... *sigh* .... me neither, now that you mention it ... and it's our own fault, too .... it's what we get for hangin' around all these kids. :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yeah .... *sigh* .... me neither, now that you mention it ... and it's our own fault, too .... it's what we get for hangin' around all these kids. :D

that decal on my surfboard has brought me more goodwill, good waves, and good karma in the line up than any amount of kindness on my part.

"when you're surfing with old guys, you're always going to look good"

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven't heard the term "RCH" in about fourteen and a half years!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

First heard that phrase over 35 years ago when my boss, my first boss, used it in front of this impressionable teen. Couldn't get away with that these days. If you didn't get sued or dragged into HR, some kid's Mom might object.
Oh the days of a real mans education.

Go see Gran Turino. The scene where Eastwood's character takes the kid into the barber to "man him up" is a hoot, and educational.

GroundPounder

I knew what the " CH " part was, had to google the rest. In your version is it red or royal?

Down south we young (er) guys still know and use the phrase when needed.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I knew what the " CH " part was, had to google the rest. In your version is it red or royal?

Down south we young (er) guys still know and use the phrase when needed.
Originally "red" ... we cleaned it up ... ... a bit :D... when we substituted "rat's" ... :)

Still a very small amount in anyone's language ...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
+1. My college aero prof did the same thing. We routinely used it in the engine room as well.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Use it all the time and I'm not that old (I Think)... But now mostly use CH instead of RCH...

BTW A4s, checked on the LSO exhibit at the museum and it is coming along... Still has quite a ways to go but they have the meatball up and 2 platforms (1-old school, 1 newer) but that is about it.. I ask one of the dudes whne it would be finished but he didn't seem to know so he toldl me everything on the planet about this or that Airplane..

Redux

Originally "red" ... we cleaned it up ... ... a bit :D... when we substituted "rat's" ... :)

Still a very small amount in anyone's language ...

But is it "Royal Red" or strawberry? :eek:

Oop's I see someone already asked the question. I might add though the last thing one hears before this measure hits the ground is often "pfft".

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
We use it quite a bit, but we avoid the acronym and call it out as it is.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Use it all the time and I'm not that old (I Think)... But now mostly use CH instead of RCH...

BTW A4s, checked on the LSO exhibit at the museum and it is coming along... Still has quite a ways to go but they have the meatball up and 2 platforms (1-old school, 1 newer) but that is about it.. I ask one of the dudes whne it would be finished but he didn't seem to know so he toldl me everything on the planet about this or that Airplane..

Yeah ... I suppose you COULD use "CH" ... but then "RCH" just rolls off the tongue ... :D

And MAHALO for the LSO exhibit update ... at least they've got SOMETHING going now compared to a few years ago when they had nothing ... but I see the "oh, well attitude" of the parties involved is still the same.