• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old VF-121 Cruise Video

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GREAT STUFF, HAL!!! :D

I remember seein' this on cruise a couple of times -- always good for a laugh. Especially the smoking lamp and the cat shots.

Naval Aviators have always had a GREAT sense of humor. Priceless!!! :D

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
A friend of mine is actually in the film (the guy with the cigar on the cat). They were coming home from cruise and on the TransPac with nothing to do... well they made a movie. He said they nearly killed themselves shooting the escalator scene. Imagine being on the bottom as the bodies kept piling on...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A friend of mine is actually in the film.... He said they nearly killed themselves shooting the escalator scene. Imagine being on the bottom as the bodies kept piling on...
We used to call the escalator "the Stairway to Heaven" .... when it worked. :)

The motor used to crap out with irritating regularity, but we'd use it anyway to get to/from the roof, sometimes with comedic/disastrous results.

Picture this: 15-20 guys all on it at the same time, each weighing in @ 200-275+ lbs with flight gear .... the thing starts free-wheeling .... .... moving faster & faster ....
:eek::eek::eek::eek: .... accelerating .... :eek::eek::eek::eek: ... and before you can say:

"HEY!! STOP!! GET OFF!!! THIS DAMN THING IS MOVING!!"

.... you'd have 15-20 guys smacking into each other at the bottom, stacking up like cordwood, cursing, laughing, cursing some more .... we'd do it again and again .... never seemed to learn.