• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

one for the old guys

dilbert123

pilot
As an official "old guy", thanks for the post. Lots of memories. It seems that just about every aircraft in Navy inventory of the time is represented here. Just about, but not all. No P-2's, the Rodney Dangerfield of the Navy, no respect. And what I flew, go figure. Ahhh welllll....

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yawn...

gr8 video Ed, especially loved the Scooters being shot off the TICONDEROGA. Could have been on my '61 cruise on TICO in VA-55. Gol' durn, that was 50 YEARS AGO, GASP! :bigeyes_1
BzB :sleep_125

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
pretty good p2 video for dilbert.
was in iwakuni in '69. i seem to recall the japs were flying them.

Flugelman

Contributor
pretty good p2 video for dilbert.
was in iwakuni in '69. i seem to recall the japs were flying them.

Thank you for that, kind sir. Lots of VP-1 YB's in those shots. The one of the ramp in Cam Ranh brought back memories. Walking across the ramp on the way to a P2 with a 38 pound ARC-27 on my shoulder, sweating my balls off, and seeing the icy clouds in the P3 cockpits from the air conditioning...:icon_rage :icon_tong