• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Only Child

Pelican

I am the sole survivor of my family with me being an only child. I was reminded of that and the thought of the USMC DQing me from OCS haunts me. I'm not very sure at all on the stand that the Marines take but since this is my situation, will I be denied, not sent to combat, or will I have to sign some release form because I am the current end of my bloodline?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Uh... I honestly don't know what to say. I'm not sure I've met anyone with those circumstances before, but I don't think there's any special considerations made for those in your situation. I suggest you talk with your OSO and get a definite answer, though.

usmcecho4

pilot
MCO 1300.8R
MPP-56
4 OCT 1994

"The only remaining son/daughter in a family where the father/mother (or one or more sons or daughters) was killed in action or died in the line of duty while serving in the Armed Forces as a result of wounds, accident, or disease; or is in a captured or missing-in-action status; or is permanently 100 percent physically disabled (to include 100 percent mental diability) as determined by the Department of Veterans' Affairs or one of the military services, and is hospitalized on a continuing basis and not gainfully employed by virtue of such disability. Unless in conjunction with the foregoing requirements, being an only child does not constitute sole surviving son/daughter status."

So you are cleared hot to go get killed if you so choose.

s/f,
usmcecho4

phrogpilot73

usmcecho4 said:
So you are cleared hot to go get killed if you so choose.

You know, the sad part is - there's probably someone up at the Pentagon thinking "how can we get more people to deploy, without raising our endstrenth?" And that's where that MCO came from. Probably got an MSM for it as well. :icon_tong