• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

orientation indoc prt.

chenama

honestly, I can't make a "good low" on the running portion of the PRT. I ran my fastest time in 11:51, which is obviously 51 seconds OVER the passing score.

However, my TOTAL score is over a good low, running + pushups + cruches puts me at like an 81, or excellent medium.

I'm confused. LOL.

what happens if you fail the O&I prt? is it just there to compare how fit everyone is, or is it life and death?

Hursel110

None
If you fall below a good low for any individual event, you will fail and be put on some type of remedial PT until you can sucessfully pass two consecutive PFA's. If you fail your commissioning PFA, you will not be commissioned, but I think you have a little while to work on it before you get to that point.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Practice, dude. I've seen people in really bad shape knock off a lot of time on their runs. You've gotta put forth the time and effort, but it is very possible.

What school do you go to anyway? At my Orientation they just gave us an inventory PRT for our own reference. The real one came much later in the semester, so we all had plenty of time to improve if we needed to.

Rage

Echoing what Hursel said, if you fail an event, you will probably have to do remedial PT. 0530 remedial PT every MWF is huge motivation for everyone in my unit to pass.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
For our unit, remedial PT is every day at 0545. They even have they're own little platoon. For those who have been on it, it is effective. No one will ever want to go back. If you fail a PRT, you have to be on FEP (Fitness Enhancement Program) for two semesters, even if you pass the next one. Not something I ever want to experience.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
honestly, I can't make a "good low" on the running portion of the PRT. I ran my fastest time in 11:51, which is obviously 51 seconds OVER the passing score.

When I was in NROTC, regardless of your overall score, "satisfactory" in any region was considered grounds for remedial PT. This changes from unit to unit, and in our school, it changed year to year.

Depending on how often you're used to running, you can mix and match a training routine. Interval sets are your best direct effort training. If your goal is 11 minutes, try 3 sets of 1:50 400s with 3 slow jogs in between... try to work up the number of sets you can do.

I'd also recommend at least one distance run to build your endurance, since I'd say an 11:52 run means you're just not used to pacing yourself over a period of time. I'd throw in at least one 3 mile run a week, and try to add 10% to the distance every couple weeks.

The number of days you run is dependent on what you're used to (injuries can be an issue), but I would look for either 3 or 4... no more or less at this point.

Just my thoughts...

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Same here. You better get at least a good "Good Low" if want to stay off remedial PT at my unit as well. As TurnandBurn said, work out a pt routine for yourself. Remember, 1.5 miles (Navy Option) isn't far at all. An endurance run once a week is fine, but don't make the same mistake as me. I was usually doing 5 mile runs at the time, so I was use to a slower pace. I was fine at distance, but didn't train enough for speed. It's almost a sprint.