• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Os2 (aw/sw)

snowslydder

I am OS2(AW/SW) with the ASTAC NEC on shore duty at VX-30 in PT Mugu, CA.

I went to captains mast 2 and 1/2 years ago and learning from my mistakes I vowed that I will become a NAVY pilot. I just finished my Bachelors in Science for Organizational Management with departmental honors. I have had nothing but EP evals since I have been here and I was also awarded my fifth NAM for being Bloodhound of the Year (aka sailor). My 36 month suspension is coming up and I want to put in a package the day it ends. I already have recommendations letters and getting ready for my physical.

I was pointed here for some good study material from usnavyocs.com. Currently I am studying the Military Flight Aptitude Tests 6th ED Thomson Peterson's guide. I have been trying to find some more study material but the books on Amazon.com are subpar at best according to their reviews.

I just wanted to post on here so I can get some gouge from sailors that have completed this process that way I can put my best foot forward. I was also wondering if I have a realistic chance of making it with a prior captain’s mast. I thank anyone taking the time to read this and I appreciate any input!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Probably not a good idea to use your name as the title of this thread.

Welcome to AW, btw.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Welcome. It can be done and I can contest to it. Show the board that you know you f'd up, you've learned from it and show then the proof with evals, letters, etc.... Hell, I was even able to get a LOC from the skipper that masted me. If you have any specific questions, hit me up. Good luck.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
There's lots of good gouge in the ASTB section regarding study materials for the test. That should get you headed in the right direction.

Good on you for having goals and working on your problems. 90% of us weren't perfect either, but it's how we grow that defines us. If you've truly grown, the boards will see that and you stand a good chance. Keep up the hard work and good luck.

snowslydder

Thanks everyone for the input. I have been cracking the books pretty hard for the ASTB. I pass majority of the practice test with flying colors. I just need to brush up on my algebra problems since it has been ages since I used them.