• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OSO mission numbers for 190

Status
Not open for further replies.

muc1

I want to reapply to 190 after getting NPQ’d from 187.

Does anyone know when the OSO’s will receive their mission for 190?
Will the mission come out only after the 189 selections?

If anyone knows what their OSO's mission is, feel free to post it...

stevo01

say bro, I was NPQ/NOE..a couple strss fractures from 188. sucks, they are about to graduate in 6 days. Any ways, not sure about the numbers, im sure they will not have anything until after the 31st of this month, after the boards meet.
You went in the fall last year. How was the weather. It was almost unberable at times. Just hoping the 190 class in october will not be as cold.

muc1

Stevo01
I wasn't there long enough to give you an accurate impression of the weather for the fall classes. I did follow the weather day to day when I got back. From what I observed, I wasn’t as bad as I thought it would have been. I am living in SoCal and wasn’t sure how cold D.C. gets that time of year. As it turned out, SoCal has had an unusually wet and cold winter – there would have been little difference between here and there (it even snowed here a couple of times). I’ve heard it’s the best possible time to go. Fewer bugs and snakes.

Back to the original thread though, if anyone has mission numbers for either 189 or 190, feel free to post.

stevo01

muc, Im sure they wont have those numbers until after 189 boards meet in a few days. Just call your oso and ask. Im sure they will be honest with you.
Honestly, the events that are going on in our country and the lack of re-uping contracts in the corp, they are in dire need of officers. I was told by the staff, that this summer they are going to try to graduate over 2000 candidates, largest number ever. So, what i am saying, is that you should not have a problem getting back in for 190./

i too, was told that the fall class was the best time to go. It was way to damn cold in the january class.

muc1

Talked to my OSO about 190. Here's what he indicated:

The 190 Board has been combined with 189. 189 with have about 1500 candidates, which is normal for the summer due to PLC, PLC combined, and OCC.

190 is going to be 'all air'. No ground slots. That may change, but currently the mission for 190 is all air. Things can always change, but that's where it sits today. He indicated they will have a better idea of what they're looking at for 191 in a couple of months.

If anyone can confirm or deny this, bring it on!!!

stevo01

hey,i will give my oso a call in the next few days. I know they are in need of air contracts, but there is no way in hell, they will give out ONLY air contracts...Yes, Air contracts keep increasing, but the ground contracts(from my experience) will always outnumber the air...
but hey, who f-ing knows now a days...I will let you know when i speak with him..Laters

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
At this time, 190 is rumored to be all 'air'. 189 was very limited in terms of aviation books accepted, but the exact opposite is going to be true for the Fall class. A question for you all as well-is one class considered to be more difficult in terms of attrition? It seems to me that because of the large number af candidates at the Summer class, the staff might be more willing to cut people and less ready to help out...any input??

Status
Not open for further replies.