• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS OTCN Training Manual Revision N

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
I always wondered why OTCN didn’t give out the document to study well ahead of time. Would really help candidates get ahead

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Right, which is why I came here since I got the last revision from here as well. I use it to prepare my candidates for OCS while they're in COP/DEP

You're missing the point. It's a document intended for OTCN/OCS staff, not recruiters or officer candidates. The official OCS website has everything needed in terms of what inspection items to study.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
You're missing the point. It's a document intended for OTCN/OCS staff, not recruiters or officer candidates. The official OCS website has everything needed in terms of what inspection items to study.
If it’s open source, then I see no valid reason for them to withhold the document other than “we don’t want you to have that yet”. This isn’t a classified document. It’s is a bunch of silly rules on how many times to smack the doorframe when greeting a Chief and how many steps to take when approaching the chow hall. Candidates have enough stress to worry about.

FormerRecruitingGuru

If it’s open source, then I see no valid reason for them to withhold the document other than “we don’t want you to have that yet”. This isn’t a classified document. It’s is a bunch of silly rules on how many times to smack the doorframe when greeting a Chief and how many steps to take when approaching the chow hall. Candidates have enough stress to worry about.

100% agree with you if the instruction is publicly available and cleared for public release. But in this case it’s not (at least the accessibility part).

kcavanah

You're missing the point. Paragraph 1 of the OTCN 1530 explicitly states that the purpose of the instruction is for Officer Candidates, nothing about for OTCN staff use. This is information intended to help Officer Candidates that is not restricted, just not well distributed. Part of recruiter responsibility is to prepare OCs for OCS, but like many things I've experienced as an OR, communication from OCS is lacking. The OCS website is also unreliably updated and not what I default to for most current information for my OCs.

Unsure on your resistance to this inquiry since last year on the thread for the previous revision of this instruction (where I obtained it), you were more helpful and polite.

Edit to add: the instruction is also most likely cleared for public release, like its previous revisions, as stated in the releasabililty and distribution paragraph. If that is no longer true, then I will stand corrected.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

You're missing the point. Paragraph 1 of the OTCN 1530 explicitly states that the purpose of the instruction is for Officer Candidates, nothing about for OTCN staff use. This is information intended to help Officer Candidates that is not restricted, just not well distributed. Part of recruiter responsibility is to prepare OCs for OCS, but like many things I've experienced as an OR, communication from OCS is lacking. The OCS website is also unreliably updated and not what I default to for most current information for my OCs.

Unsure on your resistance to this inquiry since last year on the thread for the previous revision of this instruction (where I obtained it), you were more helpful and polite.

Edit to add: the instruction is also most likely cleared for public release, like its previous revisions, as stated in the releasabililty and distribution paragraph. If that is no longer true, then I will stand corrected.

Once again if that was the case it would have been posted on the website. That is why appendix Bravo exists.

My opinion changed when I asked OTCN staff the same question.