• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Overcoming ADHD diagnosis for OCS lower gpa

Patrick Ciullo

Hello everyone
I am a mechanical engineering student in my senior year expected grad gpa: 2.9 did poor early on but doing really well now turned around scoring As in advanced level engineering courses
I see on here that a lot of people have been able to accommodate for a lower gpa by doing really well on ASTB however I have another monkey wrench in my situation.
I was diagnosed with adhd when I was 6 years old. I only took medication for a year when I was 7 and was taken off by my doctors orders. I am very worried there is no chance in hell navy will grant a waiver with my gpa regardless of how hard my major was or how good my ASTB scores are but was wondering what I could do. Maybe getting a PPL or going for a masters would help or hood job experience?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone
I am a mechanical engineering student in my senior year expected grad gpa: 2.9 did poor early on but doing really well now turned around scoring As in advanced level engineering courses
I see on here that a lot of people have been able to accommodate for a lower gpa by doing really well on ASTB however I have another monkey wrench in my situation.
I was diagnosed with adhd when I was 6 years old. I only took medication for a year when I was 7 and was taken off by my doctors orders. I am very worried there is no chance in hell navy will grant a waiver with my gpa regardless of how hard my major was or how good my ASTB scores are but was wondering what I could do. Maybe getting a PPL or going for a masters would help or hood job experience?

Welcome to the page and forum. Kindly suggest digging into the forums to find your answer/s, 99% chance it’s been asked and answered multiple times. This applies to other questions you may have.

If you haven’t found or spoken to an officer recruiter strongly suggest you do the same. Good luck!

modirocks

Hello everyone
Fly Marines, what I would do is get a second opinion, take the test, and pass it to show you do not have ADHD, and it may have been a misdiagnosis. The same thing happened to me. They'll either grant you a waiver or just annotate it.