• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

overseas deployment question

staff03

I just have a few questions on requesting to be stationed overseas. First, which aircraft communities are capable of being stationed overseas? How do you go about requesting it and how likely are you to actually get your request? Where are the overseas bases? And last, what is life like being stationed overseas, how do the deployments work and so on... Any info would be awesome.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Guam has helo's (hsc). Japan has a full air wing (so if it's on the carrier they have it) and hsl. That's all I know as far as permanent duty stations (but I'm not the best source).

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
honestly couldnt find anything on the subject, dont know if im just not using it correctly or what

Yeah, just being an a$$, but what llnick said. HC-4 just pulled back from Sicily so that sweet spot is gone. I think other than those all that's really left for a Navy guy is a random C-12 gig at an embassy, or maybe a pilot exchange tour with one of our Allies. Otherwise, most overseas flying spots nowadays are either with the Air Force or your local [insert civilian airline] gig.