• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 Outdated and Nonthreatening...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433832,00.html

"According to the transcript, the Peleliu, while en route to the Strait from the Gulf of Oman — was engaged in flight operations using CH-46 helicopters when they encountered an Iranian P3 surveillance plane overhead. The U.S. Navy, which considered the plane as outdated and a non-threatening presence, had a friendly exchange with the Iranians."

Nice...

It just goes to show: Even in Iran the P-3 bubbas are pretty cool and the Shoes are still douchebags...:D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
it's good to know we put so much stock in the capabilities of an aircraft we just so happen to fly.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Onbaord capes of an Iranian P-3F from the 70s are relatively outdated and nonthreatening.

Read into that whatever you see fit.

Renegade One

None
Onbaord capes of an Iranian P-3F from the 70s are relatively outdated and nonthreatening.

Read into that whatever you see fit.

I would shy away from "assuming" anything. Remember, these are the guys who allegedly loaded and fired HAWK missiles from F-4s during the Iran-Iraq conflict. They have software writers, too, you know.

The guys on the COLE thought that little ol' RHIB coming alongside was "non-threatening"...right up until the nanosecond when it wasn't.

I'm just saying...complacency can get you killed.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would shy away from "assuming" anything. Remember, these are the guys who allegedly loaded and fired HAWK missiles from F-4s during the Iran-Iraq conflict. They have software writers, too, you know.

I'm just saying...complacency can get you killed.

Doesn't mean it worked.

And yes, complacency can get you killed, but we shouldn't give them too much credit.