• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Physicx

Banned
Do P-3's delpoy for six months straight and if so do they ever go back to there home base?And where you are based determine where you deploy?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Do P-3's delpoy for six months straight

VP yes, VQ no. We are now on a 24 month cycle, 6 deployed, 18 home.

and if so do they ever go back to there home base?

No. But some east coast squadrons last year were fortunate enough to pass through their own base while repositioning aircraft, or others "deployed" from their own base. Isolated instances, don't expect or count on it.

And where you are based determine where you deploy?

It used to, not anymore, you can go anywhere now. Just depends on the rotation.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
VQ=EP-3. VQ-1 goes out for 8 weeks at a time. I don't know (nor could I post if i did) where all they go.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Physicx said:
Is VQ the EP-3 and how long are they usually gone?And what places do you usually deploy to?

During my time in VQ, I went on 6 two month deployments/dets, equalling the time spent on the road by those VP geeks (they usually made 2 6 month deployments). The norm was 7 or 8 deployment but I left the squadron a couple months early. We also deployed as individual crews and all of mine were all JO's. IT is very cool not having adult supervision. And on a final note, us VQ guys usually got around 25% more hours than those VP guys.

As for where they deploy, it is usually the same places as the P-3's. There was a little less variety because the P-3's did not carry the classified gear and did not need the special spaces to keep their stuff in like we did. It meant not going to the Phillipines, Malaysia and Australia. It also preveneted us from going to Masirah, Kuwait and Djibouti, all really horrible places. I got to go to Thailand once and I have known guys to go to New Caledonia and other exotic locales.

BTW, here is the EP-3 successor, the Embraer ERJ-145 (there are some artist renderings what it will look like at the bottom of the page, the Navy version is the middle one):

http://www.defesanet.com.br/embraer/acsembraereng/

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Man it stinks in here... aw, THAT's why... who let the VQ dude in?

Flash said:
IT is very cool not having adult supervision.
Ain't that the truth!! :icon_smil

Flash said:
And on a final note, us VQ guys usually got around 25% more hours than those VP guys.
25% more hours in the rack playing with their happy sock maybe... :D

Flash said:
It also preveneted us from going to Masirah, Kuwait and Djibouti, all really horrible places.
Ah, camel spiders, scorpions, no A/C, all the MREs you can eat or steal from the AF, and no place to spend your per diem, gotta love it.

Flash said:
BTW, here is the EP-3 successor, the Embraer ERJ-145 (there are some artist renderings what it will look like at the bottom of the page, the Navy version is the middle one):.
ONCE again, VQ takes a beautiful plane and just ruins it. Must be artist contest to see how ugly you can make it look.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
25% more hours in the rack playing with their happy sock maybe...

It was still flight time in our log books, happy sock or not.... :icon_wink

Ah, camel spiders, scorpions, no A/C, all the MREs you can eat or steal from the AF, and no place to spend your per diem, gotta love it.

Camel spiders, just the thought makes me shiver, and I have not even seen one in person (a picture was enough).

ONCE again, VQ takes a beautiful plane and just ruins it. Must be artist contest to see how ugly you can make it look.

At least it is well hung..... :D

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Flash said:
BTW, here is the EP-3 successor, the Embraer ERJ-145

I thought that the MMA was going to take all the P-3 jobs? To the best of my knowledge Boeing beat out all the other bidders.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
virtu050 said:
EP-3's have a different mission. don't need the space for missiles and torpedoes and crap.
Yeah, why would anyone want all that FUN stuff? :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.