• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Paperwork for entering the Navy

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
My recruiter contacted me last week with my class date and said that she wants to put me in the Navy this upcoming week to go over paperwork. She didn't explain what this process is so I am a little confused as to what it is I will being doing on that day. Can anyone shed some light? Will I be swearing in, or just going over paperwork? I would like to invite my family if I am swearing in.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I would assume that you'd be swearing in, since you have your class date and haven't already sworn in. But I would keep trying to get in touch with her just in case, it'd suck if it was like anthros or the Nasis signatures and your family came out for no reason. Although I think you had to get those done before the application.
Do you have the number for her direct superior? Maybe try moving up the chain a bit if you still can't reach her.

skittle986

I would assume that you'd be swearing in, since you have your class date and haven't already sworn in. But I would keep trying to get in touch with her just in case, it'd suck if it was like anthros or the Nasis signatures and your family came out for no reason. Although I think you had to get those done before the application.
Do you have the number for her direct superior? Maybe try moving up the chain a bit if you still can't reach her.

I am going to keep trying, she has already turned in her phone so I can't contact her that way. With the holiday tomorrow, everything is closed so I wouldn't even be able to call the office until tuesday, the day I am supposed to go in. On the other hand, I don't believe that I signed anthers or basis signatures. I don't recall. I will just call early in the morning on tuesday to see if I can get any answers and if worst comes to worst, I can always reschedule.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I am going to keep trying, she has already turned in her phone so I can't contact her that way. With the holiday tomorrow, everything is closed so I wouldn't even be able to call the office until tuesday, the day I am supposed to go in. On the other hand, I don't believe that I signed anthers or basis signatures. I don't recall. I will just call early in the morning on tuesday to see if I can get any answers and if worst comes to worst, I can always reschedule.
Actually I just noticed you're CEC, so you probably won't need anthros, but you'd still need the Nasis and other ones.

exNavyOffRec

Actually I just noticed you're CEC, so you probably won't need anthros, but you'd still need the Nasis and other ones.

NASIS would already have to be done since she has an OCS date, my thought it is the change of status paperwork and swearing in, not much left since she as a FS letter and OCS date.

skittle986

NASIS would already have to be done since she has an OCS date, my thought it is the change of status paperwork and swearing in, not much left since she as a FS letter and OCS date.

Thank you for responding! It just may be the change if status paperwork. I looked through my emails and found that I did complete NASIS I believe before my packet was submitted. I still have not reached my recruiter but since I am meeting at NOSC, I assume it is not the swear in just yet. Swearing in usually takes place at MEPS right?

skittle986

I am officially in. I swore in today and signed a mass of papers in addition to watching a short video about intolerable behavior in the NAVY. Now all I do is continue to condition and study the gouge packet until i leave.