• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Passing of George Hall

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Noted aviation photographer and author George Hall was feeling poorly and admitted for an angioplasty that revealed that he needed urgent quad bypass surgery that he did not survive. He left a legacy of outstanding imagery of his own and that of others who he nurtured through his company Check Six. His book on Topgun was a classic bestseller and he had just finished his finest effort to date, a F-14 Tomcat farewell book that including images from best shooters he could assemble. He was also a board member of the International Society of Aviation Photographers (ISAP) who were meeting as I write to honor him with an achievement award that he could not accept in person. Very tragic news for those who knew him and benefited from his unselfish and expert counsel and mentoring.

Check Six

Have to agree, George's passing will be huge loss for those of us who shoot military aircraft. I got started in this industry thanks to George and always admired the man for his great imagery.

Many naval aviators including such people as "Heater" Heatley have worked with George and his final book, that of the F-14 will be a fitting tribute to a man who helped define air to air photography.

Rest in Peace my friend and you will never be forgotten.

:( :(