• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Path to becoming Naval Aviator

Hi everyone! So I know that basically the first step is to get a pilot slot from NROTC or Naval Academy, but then I'm kind of unclear on where you go after that. I was always under the impression that it's basically the same thing as the Air Force where you go to UPT, but I figured I should probably find out everything for sure, considering I will hopefully be following this path to aviation soon :)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'll make it easy for you, but you really should spend some time here reading and learning before asking such general questions.

You'll get your pilot slot from NROTC or USNA, or through the OCS application process. After you commission you'll come down to Pensacola to go through API and IFS. After that you'll go to Primary in Corpus Christi, or up in Milton at NAS Whiting Field. From there, you'll select your platform (Helos, Jets, E2/C2, E-6, P-3). After your selection you'll begin Advanced at NAS Whiting Field, NAS Corpus Christi, NAS Kingsville, or NAS Meridian. Then you'll get your wings and move on to the FRS and the fleet.

If you're having problems with the acronyms, searchy.

Yea guys sorry for posting such a broad question..I got really excited to find this site and couldn't hold back so I just jumped ahead and posted a question :) I'm definitely doing some hardcore digging around this site, it's like gold! But thank you for answering my question anyways! I honestly can't believe I just now came across this forum..

ea6bflyr, that link won't work for some reason but I'd love to have a look at it if you can figure out some other way to direct me to it

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's an https website. You have to accept the certificate then you should be able to visit.

-ea6bflyr ;)