• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay during OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Can some please tell me how much I will be paid during OCS. Also, is the pay different during OCS in the Corps then it is in the Navy? Thanks.

Gator

Raptor,
The pay for all ranks is the same regardless of service. You can check out the payscale at www.dfas.mil

Gator

Burke,
Prior service time does count toward your pay when you go back in.
Raptor,
For every rank that there is there is a letter and number designator for it(your paygrade). For example, a Sergeant in the Marines is an E-5. E standing for enlisted and 5 standing for the fifth position (starting from the bottom) on the rank structure/pay scale. The only difference between services is the name of the rank (Sergeant, Petty Officer First Class). The officer rank structure is the same (0-1, 0-2,etc..). If you see and O-1E it means that the person in question is an officer who was prior service enlisted. Although the on the Pay Scale this only counts up to O-3E. Look at the payscales at www.dfas.mil. It might make things a little more clear.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Gator,

Better look at that GOUGE AGAIN. E5 in the Corps is a Sergeant and in the Navy its a Petty Officer Second Class. Call me on my Cell.

DAve

Gator

If the Navy would only come up with a simple and effective rank structure like the Corps mistakes like this would not be made. I forget that the Navy has a rank for E-1, but no insignia.

Edited by - gator on 02/15/2002 23:19:48

cryptic

OCS pay is E-5 which for is $1561.50 wich is effective 1/1/02 according to http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/01-2002.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.