• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Beach Blue Angels Show

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I was thinking about heading out there tomorrow, despite the insane crowd that'll they will surely draw, but I was wondering if anyone knew what time the Blues were scheduled to begin the show tomorrow.

I've googled it and come up empty.

hump1909

yea if u wanna get parking you def want to get there in the morning sometime....any later and the bridge traffic will take forever not mention that u won't find a place to park.....also bring food/drinks as the vendors around like to jack up the prices.....

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Show up way early. Bring beer - lots of it, you'll need it to survive the day. if you have a truck, bring a beater couch and one of those stand up shade tent things.

Also, if you see overweight redneck women running around in thongs, drink more of that beer you brought, it'll ease the pain.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Several events are planned leading up to the big show by the Navy's precision flight demonstration team, which is based in Pensacola:

- Wednesday: 8 a.m. Blues circle and arrival at the beach.

- Thursday: 2 p.m. practice.

- Friday: Dress rehearsal begins at noon. The Blues fly at 2 p.m.

Rehearsal includes 12:05 p.m., U.S. Coast Guard search and rescue demonstration; 12:35 p.m.,

Trojan Phlyers, T-28Bs;

12:55 p.m., Vortex Aerobatics, Pitts Eagle hybrid; 1:05 p.m., AeroShell Aerobatic Team, T-6 Texan/Harvard SNJ & NA-16;

1:20 p.m., swimmers are allowed back into the water for 20 minutes; 1:40 p.m., water is cleared again for final part of show; 1:50 p.m., Fat Albert, C-130 Hercules; 2 p.m., Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornets.

n Saturday: Main show begins at noon. The Blues fly at

2 p.m. Full schedule same as Friday.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070715/NEWS01/707150318/1006

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I didn't realize this was a resurrected thread and was worried I had missed the show! I'll see everyone out there!

Bird_Dog322

HighDim,

I almost went nuts right before I noticed the date of Ryan's post. I've attend the P'Cola Beach show a few consecutive years and surely won't miss this one. It's conveniently during my "legal" birthday weekend!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
HighDim,

I almost went nuts right before I noticed the date of Ryan's post. I've attend the P'Cola Beach show a few consecutive years and surely won't miss this one. It's conveniently during my "legal" birthday weekend!

Yep, I had my "legal" weekend last week! I'll be able to enjoy the show to the fullest extent this year. I'm going to be busting out the last of my Victoria Bitter for the occasion! ;)

EvilGN

pilot
I have been to the past 2 year's shows, and we did it RIGHT! Two years ago we drove the SUV the night before packed with chairs, canopy, coolers and beach gear to the beach and parked it near Crabs. The next morning by 8am we were on the boat from NAS and headed over. Parked it at Flounders on the dock, and walked across the street with the other coolers of beer and ice.
We got a primo center show spot and set up our camp. Show was great, packed it all up and returned home by 5pm via boat. Next day went and got the SUV.
Last year we did the entire weekend "RedNeckYachtClub style" parked next to Hooters.
This year we will be getting their via boat and hanging out at a beach house with a 3rd floor balcony to watch the show from. No where close to centerline but should be fun none the less.

Biggest issue besides parking, is getting off the island after the show. There is only one way off as the Navarre road was never rebuilt. So it can take 4+ hours to find your way back to downtown P-cola. That's why do it via boat...easily shaves 3 hours off the return trip. Lets just hope the weather holds up this year, the past couple weeks have been hit or miss with flying/boating weather.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Yep, I had my "legal" weekend last week! I'll be able to enjoy the show to the fullest extent this year. I'm going to be busting out the last of my Victoria Bitter for the occasion! ;)
Some good Aussie beer. Did you buy that locally or did you import it? I spent about a month in Australia a while back and enjoyed quite a few of em.