• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pep

mdubs

pilot
I see that there have been a couple of posts about the Personnel Exchange Program but I couldn't really find much. Specifically on the P-3 side of the house where can we do these and are they hard to get? Most dudes in my squadron try to avoid it like the plague because it is a "career killer." Pretty sure pilots can go to Canada, Chile, and I think to Great Britain to fly Nimrods. I am sure there are more options but just wanted to get some info if anybody has done one or knows friends who have. I think New Zealand would be pretty fun. Still have a while till I hit the shore tour, but sounds interesting.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure pilots can go to Canada, Chile, and I think to Great Britain to fly Nimrods. QUOTE]

Chile billet is filled for the next 3 years starting this month.

No PEP to NZ.

For VP, is most certainly is a career ender (these days).

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Slight resurrect here, but anyone have any other info (or a source for me to find it) on pep's (specifically helos)?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Concur on the Spain HSL tour. A bro now doing his hinge tour in 42 was a PEP. He went to the carrier as CDCO (CIC/TAO), so he had to take some pain, but made DH.

Another bro doing his hinge tour now in VP-5 was a Chilean PEP. He followed that up with a shooter tour and obviously made DH, so it's possible.

Don't know if the Krauts or Norwegians have PEP openings yet. But realize you're definitely going to opt for a post-PEP pain tour if you want to keep playing.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Just like everything else, sustained superior performance is what's important. If you want to take a PEP tour go for it, just keep working your butt off on all of your jobs if you want to make it to DH and beyond.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Yeah I'm no where near it yet. It may be a nonissue by the time it comes around. I'm just kind of keeping my ear to the ground early.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Just like everything else, sustained superior performance is what's important. If you want to take a PEP tour go for it, just keep working your butt off on all of your jobs if you want to make it to DH and beyond.

I'm trying to imagine "sustained superior performance" in the same context as "PEP" tour. Does that mean you have to be/become really good at boozing ???

:D

hscs

pilot
There is also a helo PEP tour with USAF HH60G squadrons -- but a word of caution - - you will be deploying quite a bit, making it back to back sea duty. I guess the bonus is that you would probably be based out of Nellis.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm trying to imagine "sustained superior performance" in the same context as "PEP" tour. Does that mean you have to be/become really good at boozing ???

:D

They're moving toward ranking FITREPs for PEP tours (which is a good thing, hooked me up big time).

Generally, PEP is a big boy tour, with no one from big Navy paying you much attention. This can be a good thing. But if you decide to do something incredibly stupid, the diplomatic ramifications of your failure to make the exchange a success can effectively end your career (and in the cases I know about, rightly so).

I dunno about other PEPs, but I had to submit monthly SITREPs, flight hour reports, qualification progress, and inputs from my foreign supervisors.