• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Phasing out black boots by Oct 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

cane53

Every OSO in the country recomends breaking in a pair of black boots and bringing them to OCS, but the Marine Corps is totally phasing out all black boots by the begining of October(the same time as class 187). So I'm wondering if there is anyone out that knows if we can just break in a pair of brown boots instead and bring them as PT boots, andf then just use the issued ones for inspection.

plmtree

I've heard this question many times and as a 187 hopeful I've given up on the info that's been passed around. I'm prior service so I have the new suede boots and I've been running in those, despite how we all say they suck for PT. They do suck at first but then your feet toughen up and the suckiness goes away...eventually.
The thing is, it doesn't matter if you can bring black boots or not. Eventually you won't be able to use them so what's the point in training with something that will become obsolete pretty soon?
My advice, start running in boots no matter the color and identify your weak spots and how to treat them so that by the time you get to Quantico you know how to prevent all those ugly feet ailments that seem to come as part of your standard issue at OCS.

cane53

Now I'm also wondering if the boots have to carry the USMC approval number with the globe and anchor on the outside. I know alot of Marines using Danner boots in the field right now, but the brown danner desert acadias are just in the pipeline for being approved. I hope we can use them because they are damn comfortable.

theduke

the black boots are indeed authorized until 1 Oct, but only with the old-style utilities (i.e., not with the digitals). they haven't been authorized with the digitals since March.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
theduke said:
the black boots are indeed authorized until 1 Oct, but only with the old-style utilities (i.e., not with the digitals). they haven't been authorized with the digitals since March.

uh...where did you hear that? Pretty much everyone I know has been wearing black boots with digis since...well....digis came out and continue to till they force us to get new boots in October. If it's in a reg, a very significant portion of the Corps has been out of regs since March...and don't intend to remedy it till October.

Clux4

Banned
Quantico Supply is out of size 9 wide. They are saying call back in few weeks. There are still a whole lot of people in the active duty FMF that don't have a pair. I will wait till October and see what next.

plmtree

uh...where did you hear that? Pretty much everyone I know has been wearing black boots with digis since...well....digis came out and continue to till they force us to get new boots in October. If it's in a reg, a very significant portion of the Corps has been out of regs since March...and don't intend to remedy it till October.

I believe that one of the several maradmins that published the regs on the new uniforms also specified that at the discretion of the commander a unit (or base) you can or cannot wear certain combinations of old/new uniforms for the sake of uniformity.

theduke

i saw it in the Marines magazine (Jan-March 2004 issue). on page 47, it states:

"Beginning Oct. 1, all Marines must own the hot and temperate versions of the new tan rough-side-out boots-the Marine Corps Combat Boot. These will be the only boots authorized for wear, other than safety or special issue boots as prescribed by commanders.

Even though Marines have until October to get the new boots, March 1 marked the date after which black combat boots can only be worn with the old camouflage utility uniform. MCCBs may continue to be worn with either the old camouflage or the new digital-pattern combat utility uniforms."

Status
Not open for further replies.