• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Photo's of F/A-18 mishap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeterman

Banned
I have about 20 photo's (sequence shots) of the F/A-18 Super Hornet of pilot error at P-Town.

How do you post these pics? I have tried, but I can only get one to post at a time.
These are very good photo's by the Navy.
tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

tire5.jpg

tire6.jpg

tire7.jpg

tire8.jpg

tire9.jpg

tire10.jpg

tire11.jpg

tire12.jpg

tire13.jpg

tire14.jpg

tire15.jpg

tire16.jpg

tire17.jpg

tire18.jpg

tire19.jpg

tire20.jpg

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Got to see the Rhino close up a couple days after the mishap... lots of damage. Not just a "change the tires and fly away" situation.

Don't know if its in good form to post the superficial damage that I saw, so I won't.

Carno

Insane
Okay, here's how you do it:

When posting anything, below the text box and below the "submit reply" button, there is a box called "attach files". Click the button that says "manage attachments". A new window will pop up, and in the top of the window there are five lines that allow you to upload files from your PC. Simply click browse and then find the file and click open. After you have selected five files (one for each line), then click the upload button.

After that, the pictures will appear in your post after you click the submit reply button.

Skeeterman

Banned
This posting of photo's, probably is a new form on how to do it. In fact, I probably couldn't do again as I have here. I know I didn't do it the way you mentioned..

We should give the F/A-18 pilot a "grade A" here for his quick thinking on how to control a runaway. He used the ailerons and still keep it powered with flaps.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
The brakes on the Rhino are not exactly the most reliable pieces of gear to begin with. Also keep in mind that's a RAG jet (you can see the Gladiator symbol on the right stab and the "AD").

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
The brakes/wheels on the rhino are not the same as the legacy hornet. I diverted to a base with hornets only and they were unable to fix my tire. They have swapped some probe tips for us, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.