• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Physical for Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladin

Hey all,

This is absolutely the best site I've seen for people applying for OCS - the information I've been able to glean is insane! Thanks for running a great site. :)

I do have one question though. I'm in the application process right now. Rec. letters, application, PRT, are all squared away, but I'm over on the Navy's weight standards. I'm 211 lbs in a 5'8" broad frame. When I was in NROTC @ Vanderbilt, I had no issues with the weight since they took a body fat measurement and I passed. However, my recruiting officer said they would reject me out of hand at the physical (MEPS?) with a weight above the quals. Now, I've been dropping weight like mad so I'll have no issues working hard to drop it, but I would also like to be timely in the application. Suggestions? Thanks in advance guys. :)

ghost_ttu

That recruiter doesn't know what he is talking about. Just make sure you are under 20% body fat and you are good to go.

Hartman

quote:
I had the same problem, I'm 6'3" and 230

Damn! Your head's gonna hit the canopy in your F-14!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nah, he's got beaucoup de room. I'm 6' 2". http://home.earthlink.net/~gatordev/me.jpg

Edited by - gatordev on 08/31/2002 17:04:05

Edited by - gatordev on 08/31/2002 17:05:47

Status
Not open for further replies.