• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pic of x-35 on carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

I saw that a couple days ago. Pretty cool. That picture was taken in Boston Harbor, I believe. The JFK is up in the northeast for fleet week in NYC. :D

Coota0

None
It's not the Navy version, look at the landing gear it's not heavy enough for a Navy jet...maybe the USAF version?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah cause you can see that detail...

DOesn't matter, it's on there for Fleet Week for public affairs.

asise

It really tied the room together.
It was a full-scale mock-up - so many people turned up to see the carrier that they closed down public tours very early in the day - real bummer.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
asise said:
so many people turned up to see the carrier that they closed down public tours very early in the day - real bummer.

The line got so long that on Saturday at 2pm they told people come back Sunday. I went Sunday morning and only made it through half the line (2 hours) when I had to leave, I had a game. Go Boston :(

Lawman

None
Best part is they have the Mockup roped off from the public, but your kids can walk up and dick around with the F/A-18C parked forward of the Island.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
i stared at that picture for awhile looking for the F-35 at the base of the island, but all i could find was a Helo with a pretty large piece of FOD sitting just in front it ...

S/F

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
asise said:
It was a full-scale mock-up - so many people turned up to see the carrier that they closed down public tours very early in the day - real bummer.
Yeah, I was gonna say that it looks a little fake to me - "For display purposes only"

Brett

B

Blutonski816

I don't think that they put the real F-35 on static display anywhere. I was at Aviation Nation '04 and they had an "F-35" there. Once again just a mock-up w/ a mock-up of the F136

Status
Not open for further replies.