• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PICTURE CALL: All VT-86 Aircraft

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Folks,
We are looking to add some historical photos of VT-86 Aircraft to our walls in the squadron. We are specifically looking for high resolution photos of the following aircraft with VT-86 markings:

1) North American T-39D Sabreliner.
2) Douglas A4D-1 (A-4B) Skyhawk.
3) Douglas A4D-2N (A-4C) Skyhawk.
4) Lockheed EC-121K Super Constellation.
5) Grumman TS-2A Tracker.
6) Douglas TA-4F Skyhawk.
7) Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk.
8) North American T-2C Buckeye.
9) T-47A Citation II (Cessna 552).
10) North American T-2B Buckeye.

Thanks.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I suspect you have this one since it was sold at the mess and came with the primary grad and I know it's VT-10 centric but we shared the T-47's. The original is 8x10. I do have some small TA-4 one's I'd have to scan but not sure how suitable they would be for larger.

VT-101987.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If any of you guys come across any photos of the VT-4 gun pattern and/or "gun-bird" T-2's .... I'd love to see 'em.

The internet and any sources that I'm familiar with are painfully devoid of any graphic history of the notorious and "rite-of-passage" Pensacola "Gun Pattern" ...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4's,
I spoke to one of our contract pilots and he was a DH at VT-4 and he remembers the Gun Pattern. He said he thinks he has it somewhere and when he found it, he'd let me have a copy. I'll let you know when I secure the document.
-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I suspect you have this one since it was sold at the mess and came with the primary grad and I know it's VT-10 centric but we shared the T-47's. The original is 8x10. I do have some small TA-4 one's I'd have to scan but not sure how suitable they would be for larger.

VT-101987.jpg

Pugs,
Great pics. While they sold it when you went through, we do not have it now. If you have a bigger one, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
A couple of pics I already posted over in the picture thread:

Te9GlyncoJun72.jpg

and

T39JoinupGlynco72.jpg

and

NATTC_A4.jpg

All were taken in May or early June 1972, probably just before NATTC Glynco became VT-86. I stood in ranks at the establishment ceremony on 5 Jun 72.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^^ Those are T-39D models. We have one of those on a concrete platform at the entrance to Sherman Field. The D models were replaced by the T-47 Citation II, Model 552. Interesting note: all but one T-47 was destroyed in a hangar fire, then the Navy moved on to the T-39N & G.

-ea6bflyr ;)