• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pictures from Hanoi

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
EdwardA1Dixon.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was airborne on an Alpha Strike the day Mike Penn on the same strike, was shot down.

I thought we had all made it out safely, when upon egress we heard all the stuff going on, on Guard, that an A-7 had been shot down, and SAR was alerted.

Mike's name is on our "In Memoriam" cruise book page. Thankfully, he was later repatriated. Some others were not so lucky. I really never knew him very well, but I surely remember his shoot down and hearing of his POW experience.

You can see his name near the bottom of this CVW-5, USS Midway 1972-73 cruise book thumbnail in the POW section:

Attachments

• memoriambig.jpg
    memoriambig.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 72

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
I was airborne on an Alpha Strike the day Mike Penn on the same strike, was shot down.

I thought we had all made it out safely, when upon egress we heard all the stuff going on, on Guard, that an A-7 had been shot down, and SAR was alerted.

Mike's name is on our "In Memoriam" cruise book page. Thankfully, he was later repatriated. Some others were not so lucky. I really never knew him very well, but I surely remember his shoot down and hearing of his POW experience.

You can see his name near the bottom of this CVW-5, USS Midway 1972-73 cruise book thumbnail in the POW section:

Pigpen is retired from the line at Southwest but is still a chief pilot at the Houston base. A great guy and a class act.