• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Seat Selection Navy/USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

acbruns00

Hello, I greatly appreciate all of the info this forum has provided as I have learned quite a bit thus far. I am a former D1 swimmer who earned a Bachelor's in Economics at Southern Methodist University with a 3.29 GPA. I'm looking to become a Naval Aviator, whether that be through USN or USMC. Both have their respective differences, but I would be absolutely stoked to land a pilot selection in either branch. There are a few questions I have that I can't seem to find anywhere else, so I would love to hear your answers.

1. Can I submit a package for a pilot selection for both the Navy and the Marine Corps at the same time and see which, if either, I get selected for? The Navy has a board selection in October and the Marines have a November board, so I think I will try to apply for both and see how it goes, does anyone know if there will be anything prohibiting me from doing that?

2. Is one branch harder to land a pilot selection than the other? I would assume the Navy has many more seats, thus making it slightly easier, but that is a pure assumption.

3. What would be an ASTB score that would give me roughly a 75% chance of being selected? A combination of ASTB and PFT scores for the Marine pilot selection with same probability would also be appreciated. I'm aware these metrics will be pure speculation, but I'm interested in the popular consensus.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to the forum. We try to limit new guy/basic questions threads like these because they’re repetitive and clog up the boards. Search around a bit, especially the stickied threads in the officer programs and flight training sections. There’s lots of wisdom here, including the answers to your questions. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.