• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot to NFO?

Tgoss21

Ok guys, I was selected through STA-21 for pilot but it doesn't look like I can make by my 29th birthday. My XO is asking me if I can switch over to NFO. If I can who should I contact and is there a chance that I can switch to pilot after IFS?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
See if you can get an age waiver if that is the only obstacle. Good possibility as you have prior time, right?

Slim chances to go SNFO to SNA after you are in the pipeline.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
When I was in safety school, one of the instructors was a Marine helo pilot. He was selected for flight school, was older than the age limit, never got a waiver, and they did not catch it, he got winged.....the morale of the story, well you decide that........

S.O.B.

pilot
Ok guys, I was selected through STA-21 for pilot but it doesn't look like I can make by my 29th birthday. My XO is asking me if I can switch over to NFO. If I can who should I contact and is there a chance that I can switch to pilot after IFS?

You were selected for pilot. Is this your fleet XO? If so I wouldn't say a word and hope it goes unnoticed.

How far off are you? If your close I would take more classes change majors, or do whatever to keep that spot.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
You were selected for pilot. Is this your fleet XO? If so I wouldn't say a word and hope it goes unnoticed.

How far off are you? If your close I would take more classes change majors, or do whatever to keep that spot.
Is your XO an aviator? I am guessing he is a shoe (SWO). If you were already selected for pilot, and are on track to fuflill the timetable that the baord selected you and had in mind for you, and your XO is the only one asking questions, I would figure a good way to ask him to hush up. Boards are very powerful and not exactly perfect, in fact, they may have overlooked the age thing just to hook you up. Don't volunteer-info yourself out of this.