• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Voice Transformation

AppleCello

Have you guys seen this? http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/14/air-force-working-on-voice-transformation-to-fool-the-bad-guys/

Air Force working on "voice transformation" to fool the bad guys
Posted Nov 14th 2006 7:32AM by Cyrus Farivar

You think we have identity theft problems now? Wait until the Air Force develops its "voice transformation algorithms" so that it can convert any airman's (or woman's) voice into a "target voice." That means instead of having a pilot speak directly to enemies, software would be able to convert his/her voice into someone else's, ideally a person that the target recognizes as a friendly -- allowing the crafty airman to trick enemies with false intel. What about applications for us civvies? The Air Force acknowledges that there could be some "Phase III Dual Use Applications" which include restoring a voice to those who have a damaged voice box, or for creating voices in video games or for animated films. So once this gets going and we're ready to do "Engadget: The Animated Series," it'll be much cheaper to imitate our voices with no-name actors.
http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002957.html

Imagine the possibilities with something like that!

Carno

Insane
"Hi sweetie, it's your mom. I want you to go outside and get into that man's car and do whatever he says. Don't worry, he's perfectly safe!"

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
They just implant a chip in your throat. No big news...I heard John Travolta used this technology a while ago, as did Nicholas Cage.

badger16

None
"Hi sweetie, it's your mom. I want you to go outside and get into that man's car and do whatever he says. Don't worry, he's perfectly safe!"

HA!!! i'm in my college library and i nearly pissed myself and had about the entire room look at me in disgust...thank you so much!:D