• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pilots license

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

After an SNA graduates and gets winged, does he get an official pilots license? Can he then go to a private airport and rent a Cessna if so inclined, or are you restricted to the certain planes you can fly.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
I'm not sure how it works for the jet guys, but after a helo bubba passes his instrument checkride, he can go take the FAA exam (which nobody has failed in 17 years....). Upon winging, he gets his FAA single-engine airplane land (instrument and commercial) and his rotorcraft - helicopter (instrument and commercial). If you went through Vance, I believe you get a multi-engine (centerline thrust restriction) airplane rating instead of the single-engine airplane. ("Land" refers to a regular airplane in contrast to a seaplane.)

To answer your question, after that you can go rent a single engine airplane (helos are WAY too expensive to rent.)

travislikes

TACAMO Bus Driver
If you graduate T-1's at Vance, you pay a civilian company like $60 and they gouge you up and give you the exam. You take it down to the FAA and get a single engine land and multi engine commercial certification. Your last T-34 flight must be within 12 months of the date you apply for the license to receive the single engine. A bit of gouge from a T-45 instructor given to me: If you hold on to your test sheet and your logbook until you are searching for a job in the civilian sector and then apply for the licenses, you may save yourself some heartache. You cannot receive a civilian flight violation as a military aviator UNLESS you hold a civilian license. This is assuming ATC finds out your name, of course, or you are dumb enough to tell them.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.