• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilots & Watches

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Cool video.

Watching that video reminded me of one of the many fun things to do in a J3. You would throw a long piece of toliet paper out the window and then see how many times you could cut it with the wing. You became a pro at wingovers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Cool video.

Watching that video reminded me of one of the many fun things to do in a J3. You would throw a long piece of toliet paper out the window and then see how many times you could cut it with the wing. You became a pro at wingovers.

Yeah, I was about to say that it reminded me of chasing an entire roll of toilet paper down from 10,000 feet to the water in the -60, except w/out the blond at the end.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Wow; that must be one expensive commercial...I doubt John Malkovich is working for scale. And all that aerial footage = $$$$$$. Worth it, however.

IWC (International Watch Company) can probably afford it...watches run from $1500 to more than $20,000 for their watches. And their "Pilot" line of watches are based on watches issued to military aviators in the '30s and '40s (there are quite a few companies that use the design aesthetic because folks appreciate it for nostalgia and/or simplicity).

wrk

Am I the only one that is completely annoyed by John Malkovich? The aerial footage is cool, but the whole thing is just dumb. It would have been worth watching if Malkovich got beaten in the face with lead pipe at the end.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ concur. Great aerial footage though... not often you see a couple spits mixing it up like that. eyewatering.

KSUFLY

pilot
Speaking of watches...who here was actually issued a watch? I know I wasn't as well as many of my other Navy buds. However, the AF guys at API got issued one...

White_Male

Am I the only one that is completely annoyed by John Malkovich? The aerial footage is cool, but the whole thing is just dumb. It would have been worth watching if Malkovich got beaten in the face with lead pipe at the end.

Why? Is it the way he talks?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Seen it. I think it's called Beating John Malkovich.