• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pipelines open to women?

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
So what are all the pipelines open to women?

SNA
SNFO
SWO
SWO(N)
Special Operations
Nuclear Reactors (washington dc)
restricted line positions

is this right? am i leaving something off?

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
So what are all the pipelines open to women?

Special Operations

restricted line positions

Only EOD is open to females, SEAL is not. Also, getting restricted line out of NROTC is pretty much not going to happen. However, you left off MANATEE, which is an exclusively female position.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Only EOD is open to females, SEAL is not. Also, getting restricted line out of NROTC is pretty much not going to happen. However, you left off MANATEE, which is an exclusively female position.

Depends on the RL field. Nursing is specifically recruited for.

Everything save SUB, SEAL and I think EOD is open to women.

We had an EOD officer come speak to us recently he mentioned that EOD is open to females.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
We had an EOD officer come speak to us recently he mentioned that EOD is open to females.

It is. SPECOPS = EOD = open to women; SPECWAR = SEALs = closed to women. Girl in my company last year tried for EOD; didn't make it if I recall correctly.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
However, you left off MANATEE, which is an exclusively female position.

no it's not! :icon_smil

fat_people.jpg

MasterBates

As the one who has suffered the financial wrath of a Manatee, I assure you it is a female occupation..

Female of what species is up for debate.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I former coworker of mine was paying her Ex a metric ton of alimony and he pulled a lot of manatee-esque stunts (weight gain, quitting his job, etc.) during their time spent in holy matrimony, so there certainly are some male-atees.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
-1 for reading comprehension

AKA Restricted Line

Actually, if you're going to get technical on him - the things he named are Staff Corps jobs (at least Supply and CEC are), so "technically" he was right in adding them to the list as they are open to women. Restricted line are Engineering Duty Officers, Aerospace Engineering Duty Officers, Human Resources, Information Professional, etc. Staff Corps are the Doctors, JAGs, CEC, Chaplains, Medical Service Officers, etc. There are differences; for example, RL guys wear stars on their shoulder boards/SDB's, etc; the Staff Officers wear their community's "logo" if you can call it that -- JAG for example here:
navy_jag_gold.gif

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
As long as we're having a hair-splitting bitch fest: its Naval Reactors, not Nuclear Reactors, but really NAVSEA-08.

B

Blutonski816

As the one who has suffered the financial wrath of a Manatee, I assure you it is a female occupation..

Female of what species is up for debate.

I actually searched the rest of the boards to see in what context MB's been using the term "Manatee" in...

now I am enlightened...

and I thought I was bitter... lol...