• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plane crash at Hillsboro Ore. Airshow

pdx

HSM Pilot
damn, that was practically my back yard. I have seen this airshow a few times before. A few years back, I distinctly remember thinking that one plane (not this one) must have been a dude with too much money and not enough common sense.

I hope that wasn't the case here. BTW, maybe the article has been updated since you posted, but it says the pilot definitly died, they just aren't sure about his identity yet.

The photo of the owner looks like Hef dreaming of being a blue angel.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
damn, that was practically my back yard. I have seen this airshow a few times before. A few years back, I distinctly remember thinking that one plane (not this one) must have been a dude with too much money and not enough common sense.

I hope that wasn't the case here. BTW, maybe the article has been updated since you posted, but it says the pilot definitly died, they just aren't sure about his identity yet.

The photo of the owner looks like Hef dreaming of being a blue angel.

Report says it was a flame out on take off. Thats too bad from reading the guys website http://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/attorneys/robertguilford.htm it looks like he was involved in a lot of good things for the aviation community. They say they arent sure who was flying the plane (if it was the owner or not) but I am sure that will be released tomorrow. BTW yea that news article was updated earlier they didnt have the one confirmed dead. Lucky no one was home in the house that was destroyed.

Edit:
http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.kgw.com/071606_WitnessCrashVideo.wmv

Video/discussion of crash, check it out. Always interesting to hear the comments after an air crash, speculation that is of course (and generally wrong ;) )