• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybilliet

I know this question is similar to others posted on the forum, and i apologize for taking up precious space, but i was curious to what other thoughts were on these specifics...
I have three semesters left of college before i get a structural engineering degree, this fall, spring, then next fall and i wanted to apply for the 11 week PLC for the summer of '06. I have a low GPA however, because i have always had a awesome job lined up and didnt really care what my GPA was, so its 2.0. However this last semester i decided that i wanted to join the marines and then pick up my career after that and picked up the pace in school. I got back in shape, and my last semester GPA (spring 05) was a 3.8, mostly in abstract math and numerical method classes, and i can get a 300 PFT , im doing the army 10 miler and the marine corps marathon. Physically, im in top shape, i scored 99% in every catagory on the ASVABS, and same on the ASTBs.. (I was meeting with the recriuter earlier this year and did that stuff but he said i couldnt get in with a last fall GPA of 2.0. Now it is up, but just 3 semesters of doing good wont raise the cumulative above a 2.5-2.8. I was wondering what my shots are of getting accepted? I had a alcohol citation a year ago that was dropped and i got it expunged. and while my last semester GPA will be around a 3.5-3.8, my cumulative will be low. I told him i would do air or ground, what ever they needed. But he didnt give my any clue what my chances are of getting in. He just said its tough. Any thoughts would be awesome.

Crowbar

None
ball10.jpg

You'll find lots of people who will try to predict your chances, tell you that you're a sure thing or that you have no chance. They don't know what they're talking about. There's too much variance in what qualifications will get somebody selected from board to board. The only way to find out for sure is to apply and see what happens.

I know it's not much help, but that's the most accurate answer you can get to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.