• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Air Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

Could some one give me some information about what you have to do to get a PLC Air contract? and what responsiblites you have?

Tessone

As someone who's working on getting a contract right now, I can tell you that you need to get together:

Good ASTB scores (you have to qualify for SNA to get a contract, obviously)
SAT scores
birth certificate
a trip to MEPS
cyclopolegic eye exam
PFT score (3 mile run, pullups, crunches)
application (including motivational statement)
recommendations
transcripts
photo (for the board to see how pretty you are)

Someone correct me if I'm forgetting anything.

What do you mean about "responsibilities"? Like, what comes along with the contract? As far as I know, you are just expected to go to PLC. If you like it, good, if not, goodbye. If you choose to take money from the Corps after PLC, you either have to pay it back (probably with tons of interest) or serve an extra year on your service contract.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Tessone

PLC is Platoon Leader's Course. Basically, summer camp for the insane (I can't wait!) :) There's a two-summer version (PLC-juniors summer after soph. year, PLC-seniors summer after junior year, each 6 weeks) or what's called PLC-combined, which is 10 weeks long during the summer after junior year. "PLC Air Contract" just means you're going to PLC and will be commissioned an officer in the USMCR upon graduation, but you're guaranteed a slot as a Student Naval Aviator (as opposed to choosing your MOS at The Basic School like everyone else).

It seems like air contracts are about all they're giving for PLC anymore--whatever ground slots the recruiting district has gotten for PLC and OCC seem to be full or near it.

--
Chris Tessone

Tessone

Well, I think most of us read all of the forums, and certainly "Paths to a Commission" is a valid place to ask questions about commissioning, no matter what the service.

On another note, why do you list "USMC" as your occupation if you're trying to get a contract for PLC? Are you a prior?

--
Chris Tessone

Bighead

Yes I know this is a good place for this topic. But the people in the Marine Forum would have some good info to. I am on active duty right now. I am going to be getting out in a few months and hope to go to PLC while in college.

NuSnake

Student Naval Aviator

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

Status
Not open for further replies.